Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Travel Diary: Belgrade, Maine

Along with the very first outfit photos I took in Maine, this has to be tied for my favourite outfit.  Yes, it's monochromatic.  But it's still got lovely textures and prints that give it flair.

Belgrade is yet another lovely destination in Maine.  We were actually just passing through on our way back to Boothbay from Rumford.  The Great Pond at Belgrade is another area that has sentimental value for my family.  Whilst we were up in Maine, we were sort of doing an ancestral scavenger hunt.  We didn't do much exploring here, but it was so beautiful, we had to stop for a rest...and of course, some photos!






I love the lace cutout on the back of this blouse.  It's such a lovely surprise when my hair moves and there it is.  The skirt is just so pretty, it makes me want to twirl and dance in it.





This was a little rest stop across the street  from the docks.  The water here is part of the Great Pond, and I loved that it was open to the public.  When I dipped my toes in, it was surprisingly lukewarm.  It was fun to splash around and have a laugh; a nice way to break up a long car ride.



Outfit Details:
blouse, vintage skirt, belt {thrifted}
wedge sandals {payless}
pearl earrings, pearl necklace, bracelet {gifted}

Want to see what photos didn't make it on the blog?  Head over to Facebook to see the extras.


No comments:

Post a Comment