Thursday, August 30, 2012

Travel Diary: Liberty, Maine

If you ever make it to Liberty, I highly recommend going to Liberty Tool.  Have you ever watched an episode of American Pickers?  It's sort of like that.  There is junk everywhere, and you could spend hours there and still not see all there is to see.

I found some great pieces when I was here last month.  An antique Singer sewing machine, antique Singer sewing accessories, an EverHot miniature oven of some sort, old Life magazines, and some old books.  Don't let the name fool you, there is definitely something for everyone there.  Of course, they do have lots of old tools and hardware there.

 


These photos were taken across the street at another junk shop.  I'm not sure of the name, or if it's affiliated with Liberty Tool.  There wasn't really too much in here that caught my eye.  This place was primarily tools.  But the outside was just magnificent!  All it needed was an old Chevrolet sitting by the gas pumps.






This was my favourite thing that I saw.  It was the most beautiful thing.  I really wish I had $300 dollars to spend on it.  Where I would have put it, I have no idea...but I would have found a place somewhere.




Outfit Details:
top {target}
vintage skirt, belt {thrifted}
wedge shoes {eBay}
cameo bracelet {Mess Of A Dreamer Design}
1920 engagement ring {great-grandmother's}
earrings {claire's}

Are there any junk shops that you regulate whenever you are in a certain area?

Want to see what photos didn't make it on here?  Head over to Facebook to see the extras.


No comments:

Post a Comment