Wednesday, August 15, 2012

When's The Next Train?

These photos were actually the first photos I took for the blog.  This was back towards the end of June when the concept of starting a blog was just a small inkling in the back of my mind.  But regardless, I started taking photos just so I would have a backlog if I decided to bring it to fruition.

This luggage was a major find for me.  I got them at my local Humane Society Thrift Shop.  I love vintage luggage and have it stacked in various places throughout my flat.  Some of the pieces are just decorative, as they aren't in the best condition.  The other ones I have were my grandmother's and other family members before her.  They have to much sentimental value for me to use them, so they are also decorative.  I'm so excited to have pieces I can actually use now.  They're so wonderful.

From this thrifting trip I also got the pink button down bow dress from an earlier post and a vintage hat.  I love thrifting because it's quite like treasure hunting-you never know what you're going to find.  I was told by the ladies that were working there that I looked as if I was getting ready to board a train in the 1940s.  I love it when people recognize my desire to want to look like I stepped out of that time period.



I also adore this outfit.  I just felt so effortless and feminine when I was wearing it.  Some clothing can just give you such a wonderful feeling when you put them on.  A certain pair of shoes can give you a wiggle or a certain dress makes you stand up straighter.






Outfit Details:
top {target}
vintage luggage, vintage skirt, belt, shoes {thrifted}
bracelet {Caribbean}
earrings {Avon}


I took all three pieces of luggage with me on my holiday in Maine.  They were the perfect compliment to my vintage clothing.  The best part- no musty smell!  My Yorkie, Smudger, decided he needed to check out what I was packing to see if I had all I needed.  I love the sewn in ribbon for keeping your clothing all neat and together.  The two big pieces also had a canvas divider so I could put clothing on both sides and have it all remain folded.  I had a great trip and I can't wait to share my photos from it soon enough.

Want to see what photos didn't make the blog?  Head over to Facebook to see the outtakes.



No comments:

Post a Comment