Saturday, October 20, 2012

Living History

Woohoo!  I actually remember what happened the day these photos were taken!

As you probably have noticed by now, I take almost all of my photos in the same place- The Conrad Weiser Homestead.  It has gorgeous land with a pond, lots of various tress, and stunning old buildings.  Besides just taking photos, my mum and I went there that day for the Living History event they had.

Most of the year, the buildings aren't open to the public due to financing and other issues.  But this day we were able to go in and explore.  They had guides dressed up in period costume that toured the grounds with us and explained the history of Conrad Weiser and the time period.  There were also women who were in wondrous garb (though it was just common every day wear, it was still lovely) that were sewing, using a loom, and making baskets.  There was also an Indian there with authentic weaponry who explained the part the Indians had in this area.











Outfit Details:
vintage skirt, belt {thrifted}
blouse {too old to remember}
peep-toe wedges {payless}
vintage jewelery {from my grandmother}
satchel handbag {eBay}

It all was really quite fascinating.  I remembered some of the history from when I was younger but I didn't know most of it.  I'm glad we were able to attend and it's really swell how it's free to the public.


Want to see what photos didn't make it onto the blog?  Head over to Facebook for a peek.


No comments:

Post a Comment