Thursday, November 22, 2012

For Those I Am Thankful For

As we all know, this time of year, especially today, is the day to give thanks for everything in our lives that we are grateful for.  I'd like to share with you the things that I am grateful for.  This post is dedicated to those special people in my life that make everything worth while.

I am grateful for my family.  Though some members I don't have as close of a relationship with that I'd like to, I'm still hopeful that one day things may change around.  I am so thankful for the rekindling of relationships that have long gone neglected.  It means the world to me to be reconnected with my family from Maine.  Especially having Kathy and Karen in my life.  They are like the two aunts I never had.  Their contact in my life means so much.

I'm thankful for my friends who are there for me through thick and then.  They understand and accept me just the way I am.  Even though we are growing up and developing our own adult lives, I know who the ones are that will always be a special part of my life (you know who you are, Michelle and Sarah).

Me and Mum at the Renaissance Faire, 2011.
Harry and Ginny. Er...me and Steven.

Shelly and I at a Halloween party.

A rare Christmas where my siblings and I are all together.

Knowlton family reunion. I am so glad I know these people.

My dear Smudger; he is such a great companion.

My brother's wedding in Boston.

My best friends Michelle and Sarah.

I miss the sleepovers and laughs we used to share.

The best hairstylists out there. Erica, Tiff, me, and Amanda.

Karen, Mum, me, and Kathy at the Renaissance Faire this year.

I love these ladies.
My dear nephew Evan and I last Christmas.


Great Uncle Bud, gone but not forgotten.

Grandma Parker, missing you.

Grandma and Grandpa Beitler. I never knew him and I miss her desperately. I am so grateful for the time that I did have with her, even though it was very short.

My mummy and I.
The person in my life whom I am most thankful for is my mummy.  She has always been there for me and supported me through every mad whim.  She's always accepted me for who I am and let me coming into my own person without judgement.  She is my best friend, my mentor, my mother.  I am so grateful for our bond and I couldn't ask for anything more.  She means the world to me. 

What are you thankful for on this wonderful day of family, friends, food, and fun?  I wish you all a wonderful day of thankfulness and celebration.



No comments:

Post a Comment