Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A Merry Little Christmas

Hello all!  I hope you all had a holly jolly Christmas yesterday, for those of you who celebrate.  It's hard to believe that it's over already.  After all that preparation, poof!  Gone.

All in all, I had a rather nice day, aside from some slight awkwardness thrown in there.  My mum gave me all of these wonderful vintage items including two handbags from the 1920s.  My dad gave me his mother's bell and teacup collection, which was very special.  I didn't get to explore them all yet, but I can't wait to dig them out and find a special place for them.

This is what I wore for Christmas day.  I took the photos earlier in the week since I knew I would've been too busy to take them yesterday.  Though I sort of wish I would have because it would have been very pretty to take them with snow on the ground.












Outfit Details:
vintage handmade dress {thrifted}
stockings, shoes {target}
cardigan {boscov's}
vintage jewelry {paternal grandmother}

I ended the evening watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas with Jim Carrey.  That movie is just so great.  It's a must have Christmas movie for me along with Love Actually, Home Alone, Miracle on 34th Street, and Santa Claus.  There are more that I enjoy watching, but those are my must haves.  I must admit that I've been living off of the Hallmark and Lifetime channels with their holiday film fests.  I'll most likely be watching Christmas movies into the New Year because of all of the ones on my DVR.

How did you spend your holiday?  What goodies did you get?








Want to see what photos didn't make it onto the blog?  Head on over to Facebook for a look-see.

2 comments:

  1. I am totally jealous of your hair. Gorgous!

    Cat

    www.catgotdressed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cat! That's so sweet of you. Sometimes it's hit or miss with my hair, even though I put the hot rollers in the same way each time. It did turn out rather pretty this time. I just wish my hair was like that every day!

      Delete