Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Bedroom Eyes

It's hard to believe we just tore through the first month in the new year so quickly.  Before you know it, it will be February.  And then it will be my birthday on 17 February.  That old saying that time passes quicker as you get older is so true.  But as Mae West said, "You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."  She was the original coiner of yolo.

As a change of scenery, these photos were shot in my bedroom of my flat.  For some reason, my mum didn't take them at my usual location.  I think she didn't feel like driving there even though it's not too far.  The lighting in my room isn't the best, causing my hair to look almost brown, which I don't like.  But at least it's pretty true when it comes to the colour of my outfit.  You also get a peek into my bedroom, which I absolutely love.  Ever since I got my 1940s bedroom set, it completely transformed into an oasis.  It might be my favourite room in my flat.












 Outfit Details:
vintage blouse, vintage skirt, vintage fur hat {thrifted}
cardigan {maurice's}
vintage back seam thigh high stockings {flea market}
shoes {boscov's}
pearl earrings, Tiffany & Co bracelet {gifted}
pearl necklace, pearl bracelet {maternal grandmother}

 I felt very classy in this outfit, and even better, very comfortable!  My room worked for all intents and purposes, but I don't think I'll use it again as a backdrop.  I just don't care for the poor lighting.

Have any of you had to settle for less than desirable locations in order to get outfit shots?



Want to see what photos didn't make it onto the blog?  Head over to Facebook for a peek.





2 comments:

  1. You look so pretty! And it's fun getting a peek into your room, but I so know what you mean about poor lighting! I hate taking pictures indoors now that I know how much better lighting is outside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I felt like a lady in this outfit. I thought people would like to get to see some of the neat things I have around my room. But you're right, it's awful taking photos inside. I will only do it again under extreme duress.

      Delete