Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Goldfish Crackers and Ginger Rogers

I was tempted to do a post about the fashion from the Grammy's Sunday night but then I just didn't follow through.  There was some good fashion, but not enough so like at the SAGs for me to dedicate a whole post to it.  So instead, I bring you an outfit post.


After playing with fire for the past month by babysitting my nephew every Saturday, the inevitable has happened-I finally got sick.  I don't know what it is about five-year-olds and rules saying they have to be so germy and constantly sick during the winter.  But my nephew has been sick for the past month and I have unfortunately succumb to it.  The only god this is at least I got my flu shot.  But now that means if it worsens, I will be quite sick on my birthday this Sunday.


I don't have parties to celebrate my birthday anymore, but I will still be doing something for it.  Saturday I will be sadly attending the funeral of a beloved teacher that has passed away, and then do a little thrifting as part of my gift.  Then Sunday I will be finally seeing Warm Bodies with the luscious Nicholas Hoult as R.


The one consolation for becoming sick is that I have plenty of black and white films to keep me company.  There are several Ginger Rogers and Rita Hayworth's on my DVR and I just picked up a whole stack of the gorgeous Jean Harlow that came through my library today.  Despite loving Jean, I have never gotten to see any of her films yet so I'm very excited to spend my convalescence getting better acquainted.


I finished watching It Had to Be You starring Ginger Rogers and Cornel Wilde.  Now I'm currently watching Flying Down to Rio with Dolores del Rio, Gene Raymond, Fred Astaire, and Ginger Rogers.  This was the beginning of the dancing partnership between the incredible Fred and Ginger.


To add insult to injury, so to say, on top of feeling under the weather, my back pain has also increased substantially.  Ever since I got injured twice at work, most recently in September, the past five months I've always had back pain.  The amount of pain would vary upon activity and whatnot.  But ever since waking up Sunday morning, it's been excruciating.  I don't know if I did something to it whilst watching my nephew or sleeping, but it needs to go away.  I can't handle feeling sick and not even being able to rest without pain.

 Outfit Details:
vintage hat, vintage skirt, sweater, belt {thrifted}
knit stockings, shoes {target}
vintage jewelry {paternal grandmother}

If my stomach continues to insist on feeling like a rocking boat during a wild storm, my new best friend is going to be the Goldfish crackers I just picked up at the shop.  So you know how I'll be spending the next few days: Goldfish crackers and black and whites, not too bad of a combination.

What's your go to items for when you don't feel well?  Or even just for a rainy day?


No comments:

Post a Comment