Friday, May 31, 2013

Black and Blue Do Go Together

These photos were taken right after I cut about 5" or so off my hair.  It's amazing to see how bouncy and springy the curls got with my hair this short.  It actually is past my collar bones when pulled straight but up to my shoulders after the roller set.




I feel like I already need another haircut since these photos were shot.  But I'll hold off a bit because I don't want to make it too short.  I like to hold onto some length.




I remember this day was a very hot, early spring day.  That day is nothing now compared to the heat that's making its way to stay.  I'm nervous about the weather next weekend for the big WWII event.  It almost always rains at least one of the days for a little.  I think I'd rather deal with the heat than the rain though.  At least with some anti-humidity hairspray I could hope my hair would stay nice.  Rain would otherwise just kill it.




I've been eagerly awaiting next weekend all year now, as some of you know.  The past couple of weeks Ive been slowly whittling away my outfit choices and have finally now settled on the three I will wear.  Now I'm just picking out the hats, gloves, handbags, and jewellery that I'll wear.  I think I've got it pretty much all sorted out.



Outfit Details:
vintage dress, vintage hat, belt, handbag {thrifted}
wedges {eBay}
vintage jewellery {Grandma Charlotte}

I've also been playing around with hair and makeup; trying out techniques that venture away from my norm.  I usually do curl sets and vintage inspired makeup, but I really want to be authentic for the event.  So I did some research into the type of makeup and styles.

I got especially nervous when it came to my hair.  I've been fine doing my hot roller sets and finger combing the curls loose.  But the idea of taking a brush to them freaked me out because I know how crazy my hair can get.  I finally bit the bullet one night and brushed out the curls I had put in earlier the day.  After the initial shock, the hair sort of settled down with some finger combing.  Then I put the rollers in again the next day and brushed it out straight after taking them out.  The result got even better.  But then I think I got a little heavy-handed with the hairspray and it ruined the soft Rita Hayworth effect.  So I'm going to try again tomorrow with not quite so much hairspray.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad there are still girls who love vintage fashion! You look incredible! Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There sure are, though I certainly feel like the only one in my small town.

      Delete