Friday, July 12, 2013

Flowering Trees Are My Favourite

Spring is, er...was in the air.  By the time this outfit has hit the blog, summer has now reared its ugly head and is in full force.

The weather has been weird lately with lots of thunderstorms and humidity.  It's not so good for the hair.




This top is one of my favourites.  I thrifted it from my local Goodwill and fell in love with it immediately.






Flowering trees have always been a favourite of mine.  When I was growing up we had a Dogwood tree in our front yard.  When I saw this tree in the park, I knew I had to make it my backdrop for photos until it stopped blooming.  So be prepared to see this backdrop for the next few sets of photos.





Tonight R and I are going to see some fireworks that his mates are setting off.  It's a bit late, but some folks were on holiday during the Fourth.  I'm hoping the weather holds out since it seems like it might storm again.  It's weird being in jeans and boots, but the venue can be dirty apparently so I have to forgo my normal girly attire.


Outfit Details:
vintage top, vintage hat, handbag {thrifted}
vintage skirt, vintage jewellery {grandmother's}
shoes {payless}

Not entirely sure what my weekend looks like beyond tonight.  Hopefully I'll have something fun to do.

What are your weekend plans?


1 comment: