Friday, August 30, 2013

Pink Dream

This I believe is one of my favourite photoshoots I've done.  I just love the complimentary colours of the dress with the cherry blossoms in the background.






This was the first time I got to wear this vintage dress.  I bought it back in October when I went thrifting with my cousins from Maine when they came to town.  It looks just so lovely with the tree in the background.  I adore flowering trees, especially cherry blossoms.




I remember the day I wore this dress.  It was a Thursday because I went to the library in the evening to help out with the Jane Austen event.  They needed an extra body to help them practice the Austen period dances.  It was jolly good fun learning them and I hope to be able to use that knowledge one day since I couldn't actually attend the event.





I usually don't wear such long frocks, but I felt very elegant and ladylike in this.  I was still playing around with my flapper hair, so I tried on a headpiece to see how I liked it.























Outfit Details:
vintage dress {thrifted}
shoes {deb shop}

I am quite thankful it's Friday.  It's been a rather long week for me and there's a busy weekend ahead of me. It shall be fun nonetheless.  I need to make a leather satchel by Monday (a holiday here) for another visit to the Renaissance Faire.  I won't have time to make the whole outfit from a pattern that I purchased.  I will jsut put pieces together from what I already have.

Hope you all had a lovely week.  And here's to the weekend.  Tally-ho!




2 comments:

  1. This is your best post! I dont know what is better, your beauty, that dress or that tree behind you, all is so perfect, like fairytale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look stunning! I love that the tree matches your dress pretty perfectly :)
    Amia
    www.teapotsandbelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete