Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year all!  I hope you had a lovely and safe evening.  I spent it in my pyjamas re-watching Sherlock so it was fresh for series three.  I'm sure many of you thought I fell off the face of the Earth.  According to the blog, I did.  I needed to take a break but it's one of my resolutions to get back into the swing of things.  And if you didn't take notice, these photos are from the summer.  I've got a bit of backlog and it gets dark too early nowadays to take any shots before or after work.





Speaking of resolutions, here's what I have in mind.  But since I'm not that great at keeping them each year, I'm going to think of them more so as goals to aspire toward.

-Get back into blogging and do more photo shoots.  I want to continue my vintage shoots as well as getting into cosplay (though most of them will require finding a local, reliable photographer).

-Try styling my hair in other vintage styles besides just my usual curls.  Since I've started working full time again in the summer, I haven't been doing my usual hot rollers in the morning as it takes too much extra time.  I've now taken to doing pin curls but I usually just finger comb them and leave them be.  I'd like to try incorporating victory rolls and updos into my repertoire.

-Find some people to befriend that share the passion for vintage that will attend events and dress up with me.  (Same with cosplay.)  I see so many other bloggers who have vintage girlfriends and it makes me feel a wee bit sad and lonely that I don't have anyone to share that with.  I've gone to reenactments by myself, which isn't horrible, but it would be so much more fun to go with someone.  I missed out on a lovely sounding New Year's Eve that consisted of a multi-course dinner, champagne toast, and swing band.  I was meant to go with someone who just never bothered to tell me they changed their mind and instead just didn't respond to me.  So I definitely want to try to make some friends who I can go to events like these with.

-Eat healthier.  Yes, this is the result of the vain goal of wanting to lose weight.  But it will also be good for my health in the long haul if I can eat more balanced meals.  I never bother to cook anything proper after work because I'm too tired and lazy.  So I just end up eating something really simple to prepare.  I'm not going to get in a Julia Child mindset or anything, but I would like to start making simple, proper meals.






Outfit Details:
vintage dress, vintage shoes, belt {thrifted}
vintage jewellery {grandmother's}

So there you have it, my goals for 2014.  I'll catch you up on what has been going on in my life in a future post.  What have you been up to?  Any goals for 2014?


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're back, I love all of your outfits! I feel the same about needing more vintage loving friends, I don't have any either. I'm sorry that you missed out on your new years eve plans, but all of your goals sound lovely for 2014 :)

    ReplyDelete